Agencies and DMCs discuss why more transparency is needed between them at the recent C&IT Incentives Forum at Chewton Glen.
Charlie Hepburn, MD and founder at BE Vivid joins Odette Peel, senior incentives manager, Quintessentially Travel, along with DMCs, Olga Navarro, managing partner, ITB Events and Christian Hobbs, global sales & marketing director, Uniqueworld. Hosted by Calum Di Lieto, Editor of C&IT Magazine, the forum set out to discuss how relationships between DMCs and event agencies can be improved.
CLICK HERE to view the YouTube full panel debate shown (length: 44mins)
Highlights of Charlie's comments:
- 4:40 - 6:23 mins ~ We employed a DMC in Mexico for our American client's international conference and it proved invaluable in a potentially crisis situation.
- 11:45 - 12:28 mins ~ "Faith, trust and belief in what you're doing" - Charlie explains why as an event agency we enjoy working with DMCs where you've built a great relationship.
- 24:36 - 25:59 mins ~ Why it's important for DMCs to be creative too.
- 32:02 - 33:05 mins ~ Open working relationships are vital to delivering international event projects successfully.
- 43:08 - 43:51 mins ~ "Value needs to be demonstrated along the way" - Charlie explains why there are times when it's essential to directly connect DMC with corporate client.
Source: C&IT Magazine